Andrew O. Cole
- API development, software architecture, system integration, creative
and interdisciplinary projects
- Working with a team to deliver robust, complete code in a tight
- Commitment to best practices in source control, issue tracking,
automated testing, code review, and documentation
- Architecting complex systems with well-defined component boundaries
- Maintaining a pragmatic, flexible, and productive approach to
- Picking up new technologies and becoming an effective contributor
SUSE Linux, Seattle, WA. 3/2017 to present.
Senior Software Engineer. Backend development for SUSE Container as a Service Platform
Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Seattle, WA. 9/2015 to 3/2017.
Senior Software Engineer. Backend development for HPE Stackato v4, an all-new
enterprise PaaS product built on top of Kubernetes.
Oui Street, Seattle, WA. 1/2014 to 9/2015.
Cofounder. Oui Street is a software development consulting company
focused on providing high-quality, cost-effective solutions to interesting
ActiveState, Vancouver, BC. 5/2012 to 7/2014.
Software Engineer. Backend API and server development for Stackato, a
sophisticated enterprise PaaS (platform as a service) product base on Cloud Foundry. Working remotely
Nine Summer, Woodbridge, CT. 4/2008 to 5/2012.
Software Engineer. Backend web development consulting for a wide range
of clients. Working remotely from Seattle while remaining a tightly-
connected and integral team member. Portfolio of projects on request.
PI Corporation, Seattle, WA. 4/2006 to 4/2008.
Software Engineer. Building Ruby and Ruby-on-Rails applications
for the desktop, connected to Amazon S3 and application servers
on EC2. Building a custom Rails interface to a proprietary
Freelance Web Development. 5/2004 to 4/2006.
Consulting to small businesses for web development and IT needs.
Harvey Mudd College, Bachelor of Science in Engineering, 5/2004.
A diverse degree covering many engineering disciplines.